Warehousing And Their Types And Storage Information
What is Warehousing?
Working in the warehousing related to the production, transport of products, or logistics. You have certainly come across the term of storage more than once. Intuitively, each of us knows this concept perfectly. And identifies it with the storage or gathering of goods in one place for temporary storage. Storage, according to a specialist definition, is much more than it might seem at first glance.
Storage is related to time limits for behavior and handling of goods or objects. Thus, the definition includes, inter alia:
- inventory management,
- keeping a certain number of goods,
- packaging and consolidation of products,
- organizing the entry of goods on the market and their exit from the market,
- determining the flows and outflows of individual products in a given company.
When explaining what is storage, you can also create a negative definition, which defines it as an undesirable break in the flow of stored products or goods. From the economic point of view. However, we must be aware that such downtime is inevitable, and what’s more – the company can benefit from a rational and well-thought-out storage organization.
Types Of Magazines
There are several categories according to which warehousing is divided. The most popular distinction is based on the functions they are to perform. Therefore, we can mention:
long-term storage warehouses where products are stored that are not subject to rapid deterioration or whose collection is required due to e.g. irregular access or high seasonal demand,
processing warehouses, i.e. temporary – they are usually used for storing semi-finished products. As well as materials with limited edibility or use,
operational warehouses , where the consolidation and deconsolidation of goods or their transhipment often take place,
transhipment versions – used in the organization of goods transport.
Warehousing can also be divided in terms of their structure and structure into:
- Open warehouses, which are usually squares separated in an open space. Do not have a roof, and the area is secured with fences or nets. They are used to store sand, water, and gravel.
- Buildings and closed rooms – are created in facilities that are designed to protect goods against weather conditions or theft. These are halls, as well as silos and tanks.
- Semi-open versions – used for products that have limited resistance to atmospheric agents and need only light protection. These are i.a. shelters, open tanks, or roofs.
The devices used in their interiors are just as important as the structure and internal organization of the warehouse. They enable the efficient organization of storage, packaging and storage of goods. Among the most used, we can mention:
- pallet trucks , without which it would not be possible to transport heavy or bulky goods stacked on pallets in large halls,
- forklifts , i.e. motor vehicles that help to store goods weighing up to several tons, even at high heights, while saving time and energy of employees
- cranes – devices for lifting and lowering packages and goods, the operation of which is possible both vertically and horizontally,
- bandages that protect cargo against any damage or dirt during transport.
These are just examples of the most popular devices that can be found in yards, in halls or in the daily work of warehouse workers. They have one basic function – to speed up work and allow the storage and handling of goods of various weights and sizes. In addition to the above-mentioned products, devices such as air dehumidifiers and air conditioners are also popular. Some warehousing must also have cold stores.
What Goods Should Be Stored?
We have prepared an offer for stationary storage of goods in A-class warehouses and on high-storage racks. That is why we are able to store, pack or palletize all kinds of products.
As specialists, we can accept items that require constant, high-temperature storage – we have ventilation heating. You can also entrust us with goods that require protection against theft or damage. Our monitoring systems and advanced IT technologies guarantee full protection of the goods. We have a safe fire protection system and modern building infrastructure. Thanks to which we are protected even in the event of accidents.
Regardless of the type of goods we accept, they will be properly protected against the harmful effects of external factors – the type of storage (on shelves, pallets, etc.) is adjusted to the requirements of specific products.
Our company can be entrusted with even large amounts of goods – thanks to electric trolleys and trained personnel, we can quickly handle even large, heavy goods of non-standard shapes or sizes.